Here at Broadacre we always provide an accurate quote. If you are happy with the quote we will check for any legal constraints, such as a TPO, before conducting any work. Should a TPO be in place we will write to the council to request permission to conduct the work. We conduct this check for all customers and it is provided free of charge
Once we have conducted the work we clear the site of all debris. Smaller branches are put through our wood chipper and taken away along with the larger limbs.
Some of the services we provide are below but do not worry, we can advise you on the most suitable treatment for you and your tree.
- Crown reduction & reshaping – Crown reduction is used to reduce the size of the crown but the shape is maintained. This is often used to let more light through, in restricted spaces and to reduce tree size and water take-up.
- Crown thinning – Selected branches are removed to thin the crown. This lets more light through whilst maintaining the size of the tree. We can also use this process to balance a tree if it is weighted in a particular direction.
- Crown uplift – The lower branches are removed to increase the base of the crown height. This should be done early on in the trees life to aviod large wounds
- Dead wooding – Dead limbs can be a hazard as can diseased and broken limbs. The can fall at any moment causing injury or damage to property. Cleaning the canopy of such hazardous can also prevent pests and increase air circulation through the crown which helps keep the tree healthy.
- Dismantling – Sometimes there is not enough room to fell a tree or there is a risk of damage to property (building, cars, patio slabs etc) and a tree must be dismantled. We use a system of ropes and pulleys to lower each section to the ground in a controlled manner, this avoids damage to property. We can use this system to remove individual limbs or the complete tree in sections
- Felling – If you need a tree removing it is easier and safer to fell the tree at ground level. Quite often this is not possible due to space constrictions or other hazards. We can use our experience to safely remove any tree, either in sections or as a complete tree.
- Pollarding – Pollarding is a method of pruning a tree which, once started, should take on a regular basis. Trees can be pollarded on a one to fifteen year cycle.
- Stump grinding – After a tree is felled the stump remains in the ground.
- Tree pruning
- Woodland management
- Thinning operations
- Tree planting
- Timber extraction
- Felling licences
How do we do it?
The first step is for us to come and have a look at the tree when we can discuss the treatment options. We take into account the tree’s position, location and the season before we conduct any work.
We strive to provide the best treatment for your tree. We will recommend the treatment to provide the most benefit to the tree and will not recommend a treatment just to generate more money.
Quotes are provided free of charge. If you accept our quote we conduct checks to ensure their are no legal constraints such as TPOs or conservation areas which would prohibit work. These checks are conducted free of charge to our customers. If you plan to remove a large amount of timber we can also help you obtain a felling licence.
We care for trees and the environment and we try to minimise our impact where possible. We use biodegradable chain oil in our saws to minimise damage to the environment.
Once the work is completed we will put all the smaller branches thought our chipper and remove the woodchip from site along with any larger limbs. If you prefer to keep any part of the tree, for example – to use as firewood, this can also be arranged.
Get in touch
There are a number of ways you can get in touch with us all of which are listed on the right of this page and also on the contact us page.